Self Employment Programs in Alberta
Self Employment in Alberta Is it for me?
Self Employment Programs Alberta
To assist individuals to create jobs for themselves by starting a business. To create additional employment opportunities in the community that might not otherwise be available. The Self Employment Program provides clients with formal instruction in business plan development, one-to-one business counselling, coaching, guidance and follow-up during business plan implementation.
Participants accepted into the program will come with a business idea, the commitment to become an entrepreneur, and their life experience. They will be ready, willing and able to become an entrepreneur.
- Have a viable business idea
- Be an unemployed Albertan (working less than 20 hours per week)
- Have employment barriers that may include, but not limited to: low income, language, education and cultural barriers
- Have sufficient cash or capital, or access to capital to start and operate their business
- Meet citizen requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Alberta resident for at least 3 months
This program is funded by the Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada.
Alberta Human Services – Alberta Works
Telephone: Contact your nearest Alberta Service Centre or Canada-Alberta Service Centre or call the Career Information Hotline at 780-422-4266 in Edmonton
Toll-free (information): 1-800-661-3753 throughout Alberta