Get up to $5,800 for an Air-Source Heat Pump
Use the outside air to heat and cool your home while reducing your carbon footprint. Air-source heat pumps (ASHPs) use heat exchangers to draw heat from the outside air to bring it indoors, keeping your home warm more efficiently. In the summer it reverses the cycle to keep you cool.
Who Can Participate
Using a participating contractor, Ontario homeowners who live in a detached home, townhouse or semi are able to take part. If you are a landlord, you must obtain permission from your tenants.
Please note that in order to qualify for this rebate your home must use electricity, propane or heating oil as a primary heating source. Homes heated with natural gas are not eligible.
What You Get
Receive up to $5,800 to install or replace an air-source heat pump in your home. Air-source heat pumps are more efficient than ever, so it’s easy to find a model that’s right for your home.
For homes with existing ductwork:
- ENERGY STAR® Ducted Air-Source Heat Pump $3,250
- ENERGY STAR® Cold Climate Ducted Air-Source Heat Pump $5,500
For homes without existing ductwork:
- ENERGY STAR® Ductless Air-Source Heat Pump $1,900
- ENERGY STAR® Ductless Multiport Air-Source Heat Pump $2,500 for exterior unit and first two interior units plus $250 for each additional interior unit, up to a maximum of $4,250
- ENERGY STAR® Cold Climate Ductless Air-Source Heat Pump $2,500
- ENERGY STAR® Cold Climate Ductless Multiport Air-Source Heat Pump $3,000 for exterior unit and first two interior units plus $400 for each additional interior unit, up to a maximum of $5,800
Which system is right for me?
Call GreenON Support to find out. It depends on your home’s age, size and location. You can also ask a GreenON participating contractor, who can assess your home and recommend the best options for you. Some manufacturers offer additional rebates and extended warranties, so be sure to ask your contractor if your system qualifies.
For more information about available grants for your home or business or to learn how to repair your credit please go to: